Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tag!

So, there's a game of tag going around the blogosphere. Someone tags you with 8 questions to answer. You answer them, and then tag some other blogger buddies with your own set of questions.

I was just tagged by Christy from Superheroes and Princesses. She asked:

1. What is your favorite fictional book? If you had ask me this in high school, or college, I would have instantly answered The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, or maybe Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. I still really like his satire, but now that I'm older, I have less patience for his sacrilegiousness (I'm not sure that's really a word), and assuming that he died in those beliefs, makes his humor, tragic tinged. So, I don't know. I read a lot of mysteries, and science fiction, for mind candy. But, I think I'm currently without a real favorite.

2. What was your college major? International Studies, with a German emphasis.

3. If you could visit one place in the world, where would you go? This is a hard one, too. I would love to say Ireland - I've always wanted to see Ireland. But, in reality, if I was just planning a trip for fun, I'd go to Great Falls - I don't know why, but I just love going to there.

4. What is your biggest challenge as a mom? I think maybe just trying to keep up with the day to day. Has everyone had their shots, seen the dentist, gotten their hair cut? Do they need new socks, slips, tights, belts, or things? Can they all tie their shoes, ride bikes, spell their names? All the little easy things, that aren't really easy after all.

5. What did you eat for breakfast today? Peanut butter toast, a banana, and a cup of coffee. It's the same thing I have for breakfast every morning, unless we're out of bananas, or I'm on a no coffee kick. Then, I make muffins for the kids (unless I have Poptarts on hand).

6. What kind of music do you listen to most often? Well, right now, it's kid's music - Sesame Street Fiesta, They Might Be Giants' Here Comes Science, the collected works of Veggie Tales songs. Before children, I had an eclectic taste in music - Christian Rock (Steve Taylor, Michael W. Smith, Steve Camp), American folk music, those South American groups that play at all the street fairs, really anything with a lot of emotion to it.

7. What is your least favorite chore? Maybe laundry, or cleaning the bathrooms, or dusting, vacuuming, mopping the floor, cleaning fingerprints off of doors. I think, really, I truly despise housework - it's so dirty. I often find myself using the little mantra of Dory, from Finding Nemo. Instead of "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." I chant along, "Just keep folding, folding, folding" or whatever goes with the particular chore in front of me. It seems to help.

8. Pretend that money is no object, and you need a new outfit. Where would you go to buy it? Christopher & Banks.



Okay, so I'm tagging:



Phyllis from All Things Beautiful

Wonder Mom from The Fantastic Five

and, Carrie from Reading to Know




And, my questions:


1. What is your favorite children's book of all time?

2. What is it that you like most about where you live?

3. What is it that you like least about where you live?

4. Do you have any special fall traditions?

5. What is your favorite holiday, and why?

6. Do you still eat sugary kid's breakfast cereals? Do you have a favorite?

7. If you could pick any age to stay at (teens, 20's, 30's, 100's), which age would it be?

8. What do you enjoy most, and least about blogging?

If I didn't tag you, but you'd love to answer one of the questions above, just leave your answer in the comments, and we can all play along.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Loved to read your answers.

You took one of the people I was going to tag though. Now to go replace that one.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

OK, the longer I wait the fewer people I have available to tag :) I liked your answers. Hitchhikers Guide was one of the books I was considering for my answer too.

Christy Killoran said...

I love your answers. I totally agree with you about the most challenging thing about being a mom. If you forget about one of those "little" things, all of a sudden it isn't so little!!!

I like the questions you came up with too.

I'm really enjoying reading all of these "tag" posts.

Thanks for playing!

Ticia said...

This is so much fun. And I'm so glad you tagged those people, I totally forgot to tag them.

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed being "tagged"! Check out my answers here...

http://thefantasticfive-hockmana.blogspot.com/2010/09/tag-im-it.html

Phyllis said...

I finally got it together enough to post my answers, etc. Thanks for tagging me!
http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/tag-youre-it.html

April said...

I like that...Dory's chant. I'm going to have to use that when I am doing housework!

Carrie said...

I played! Thanks for asking the questions. That was fun!:

http://www.readingtoknow.com/2010/09/8-questions.html